Monday, January 2, 2012

A long time since August...

And a lot has happened. Of course the kids have been in school, and actually enjoying it this year! I've been trying to work on marketing so that my classes that begin this month will hopefully have some students! I'm ***this close*** to achieving my certification for teaching childbirth education. Sadly, my husband lost his job, so that's been a struggle. But hopefully with this new year will bring new opportunities for us.

I've been crocheting again, so I'll probably post on my Off the Hook blog in the next few days. I made Butterfly Girl a scarf and Soccer boy is getting a hat. I did not manage to finish by Christmas. In fact, I still need to add the second ear flap and finish the embellishments. I've been slacking.

It's winter, and that means we are working on the inside of the house. Thinning out our belongings, and working on new storage options. A few years ago we threw out our broken bed frame, and now we're looking to obtain another one so we can store things under the bed. While I'm not really looking forward to the work this will entail, I am greatly looking forward to the end result.

The kids have been issued chore lists, and they are designed with them in mind. Butterfly Girl only has a few, simple tasks. Things that we were already asking her to do every day, only now...we don't ask! Soccer Boy's list had a few additions on top of what he was already doing every day. I expect it will take him a little bit longer to manage his list with out us asking if he's finished with everything. Because, let's face it. 10 yr old boys aren't always thinking about all the steps involved. For example, when one takes out the trash, the job is not complete if you fail to place an empty bag back into the kitchen trash can. But, he's coming along. I haven't thrown anything away with out a bag in just over a week now ;)

Our big project for this year is NOT my garden! "*Gasp! What's that?!" you say! That's right! Instead of the families main project for this year goes, it's an update to the play house!! Hooray!! The kids are so in love with this idea. We managed to make some very boring items, some extremely exciting Christmas gifts. Who would have thought a gallon of paint, and a folded up cargo net would send the children jumping and whooping and hollering?? Not I!

Well, I think for now I will leave you....with one last image of the play house. Taken in September as we prepared for a family hike. (As I have never purposely set out to take pictures of the play house...it's ugly...)


It's already gotten a new roof, and will be having some color added, along with the previously mentioned cargo net, and likely a few other decorations! Stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!! Leave me one and let me know you're reading!!