Saturday, January 14, 2012

so many things

This week has been full of attempting to create a schedule of classes for 2012 between TWO possible teaching locations. While this is quite exciting (if it works out), it's a bit overwhelming and maybe a little more stressful than I was hoping. Marketing is going to prove to be a bitch, but hopefully I can manage to get at least 2 couples in each class. 

I've also been working on my daughter's 100 project. Her 100th day of Kindergarten is on Tuesday. So I've been to the store and bought a large bag of Starbursts, shucked all the wrappers, and will be spending a large portion of my 3 day weekend gluing them to a piece of paper. WOOHOO!! My son's first school had the kids work on their "100 projects" as part of the curriculum, but I think this school is spending more time on, oh I dunno, education? Don't get me wrong, I love all the little projects, and we got a ton of them for Christmas, so it's not like they don't make things too! They just, don't make something for everything, which I do appreciate. I don't have the space for a million paper crafts! 

My son has been dealing with bullies, and that's been another thing taking up our time. He's the new kid, and to be honest, he's obnoxious a lot of the time. But to be honest, it doesn't bother me (usually). It's him, he likes to make people laugh, and gets incredibly goofy in the process. Considering just how "important" popularity is now in the 4th grade, it makes him quite the outcast. I won't get into it right now, but I think popularity among students is one of my greatest sources of distress. I was only "popular" for a brief moment in middle school. I committed social suicide when I befriended the New Girl. How uncool of me, right? Right. To improve the situation, about 3 months after I was ousted from the Cool Girls Club, the New Girl moved away. It sucked, and after that I thought the majority of the "popular crowd" was a bunch of assholes. Things didn't necessarily improve as the years marched on. So, needless to say I want to protect him, some days I want to bring them back home for homeschooling. But, right now, they both say they want to stay. So, for now, we work on ' when to give the bully come backs' and 'when to just walk away'. We've already come up with one that's hilarious. I hope he never has to use it, and if he does that it doesn't do any lasting damage, but shuts the kid up for a while. 

I've also been working on a Family Binder, if you want more info about that go to Organized Home and poke around. If you're the "list type" you might just love a family binder. Speaking of which I should likely get around to showing the kids how to use it.....soon. 

For those of you that know me, you know that we've taken wheat out of our daughter's diet...and for those that don't know me...you know know that we've taken wheat out of our daughter's diet. She has constant, or seemingly constant stomach pain. At first the doctor said it was constipation, but I think we've worked that out. And until we have insurance again, we won't know for sure I guess. So, for now, we try this. I made mac and cheese on Monday with rice noodles. It was....so yummy. So I'll be posting about that soon (I hope).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!! Leave me one and let me know you're reading!!