It's not even been a full week of school, and yesterday I had to pick Butterfly Girl up early because she had a fever and a headache. Then after getting Soccer Boy home in the afternoon he told me his throat had started hurting. And around 12:45 they were both awake with their complaints. So, today, no one went to school!!!
Of course, shortly after putting my kids to bed last night, having already made the decision that the girl would not be going to school, and knowing it was unlikely that I would be taking the boy, my client sent me a text saying her back was aching. "Great!" I thought, one kid with a fever, and Strep had already been suggested as the cause....and I might have to call a back up doula!!! OH NO! Luckily, for me, after a bath she was feeling better and was going to try to sleep. And the kids seem to be doing better today, and it's nothing like Strep...probably just a cold.
At least it was a Thursday/Friday illness, they can take today, and the weekend to rest and hopefully be ready for school on Monday. But UGH, she's missed most of the 6th, and all of the 7th days of school, and he's missed the 7th. How is that fair?!
It's going to be a long year.
Of course, shortly after putting my kids to bed last night, having already made the decision that the girl would not be going to school, and knowing it was unlikely that I would be taking the boy, my client sent me a text saying her back was aching. "Great!" I thought, one kid with a fever, and Strep had already been suggested as the cause....and I might have to call a back up doula!!! OH NO! Luckily, for me, after a bath she was feeling better and was going to try to sleep. And the kids seem to be doing better today, and it's nothing like Strep...probably just a cold.
At least it was a Thursday/Friday illness, they can take today, and the weekend to rest and hopefully be ready for school on Monday. But UGH, she's missed most of the 6th, and all of the 7th days of school, and he's missed the 7th. How is that fair?!
It's going to be a long year.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments!! Leave me one and let me know you're reading!!