Monday, August 8, 2011

Blogger Got Uglified

In my absence, blogger has been updated...it's....going to take a lot of getting used to!!

My shy home-schooled children have very recently gone to public school. It is not our district's school, so I get to drive them every morning, and afternoon. We wrapped up our homeschooling year in mid-May, and found out about their acceptance into the school we chose the last week of June! Our start date was August 3rd!!!!!

So, we went through all their clothing, and all of our existing supplies...ended up having to go clothes shopping anyway. And I just finished their supply shopping yesterday. The county sends the local Walmart the supply lists for the schools/grades. Which is great, but I hate that Walmart, more than most. So, I chose not to go, and instead waited to hear what my kids actual teachers were in need of.

Butterfly Girl is now "Bee Girl" as her Kindergarten class is the Bee Class. It's rather cute :D And so far, she is loving school. She wakes up excited, gets dressed, eats, and is ready to get in the van before me! Soccer Boy is also enjoying school much more than he thought he would. He is still dealing with some frustration, he was really frustrated that he doesn't have his multiplication facts memorized, and is likely now in a 'remedial' math class. I know he would like to catch up, and we'll have to try to help him with that.

Something unique about this 4th grade, the kids have schedules and change classes! Which, I am incredibly jealous of! My fourth grade class only switched teachers for one, brief, class project. I think it took 3 weeks to complete, and we only saw the other teacher for 20 min. a day! In 5th grade, we moved to the classroom next door for one subject a day. But I don't even think that was all year. Originally, Soccer Boy's classes were supposed to be all with his "homeroom" moving as one class. But they had so many kids, they've added two teachers (for subjects, but not for homerooms) and have made it so the kids have schedules that are more likely to fit their academic needs! I will be getting to sit down with all of his teachers soon. I am looking forward to that. I know he's "behind" the other children from public school...I just want to make sure his teachers are aware that he is capable of doing the work/and possibly even catching up to the majority of his peers....provided that we are provided with the information & tools that we need to make that happen.

And with all of that going on, I am attempting to re-focus my efforts on my daily chores and work out lists, so that the house is tidy and in order more often than it's not. And so that in 4 or 6 weeks, I can start taking guitar lessons. It's only 30 minutes once a week, plus daily practice...but I know myself. I'll do more practice than that, SOOO..it's worth it to me to get most everything organized and tidy, so that I won't feel guilty doing something that is completely FOR ME!!! :D I'm thrilled, I can't wait to get started!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!! Leave me one and let me know you're reading!!