Saturday, December 11, 2010

Oops, forgot about that

Inspiration from my friend Lisa in her recent "Deck the Hall's" post...I just took pictures of all our Christmas Decorations. Well, most of them. For somethings, like my wreath, it was the first time I'd ever taken a picture of it. Anyway....then I remembered, I can't get them off the camera. At least not until tomorrow when I can get my husband to put them on HIS computer. Gah. >pout<

You see I had been running one computer, since April. A hand-me-down machine, but it worked great....until last Friday when the video card decided NOT to wake up. And still hasn't. Crap. So I'm using my old computer, that prior to April was the main machine I used. It had/has a nasty habit of overheating even though both fans spin freely, and from what we can tell at the proper RPM. No idea. It eventually crashed (shortly after the hand-me-down machine was brought home), so it's using a Live CD version of Ubuntu. Sometimes I can access the harddrive, sometimes I can not. No matter because I don't have the permissions to save anything to that HD. Go figure.

So I talked my kids into cleaning up their rooms, took pictures of their trees and of course them. Looking so cute in their pj's and bed-head. And then to the living room to capture our tree, my beautiful stocking, our "Santa Table", and the kids stockings. Plenty more I could snap pictures of but not with out cleaning up *everything* and it's clean enough for this morning. At least until the coffee kicks in and the headache goes away!

Hopefully I can get those pictures off the camera (and any others that might bring life to my posts) and get them shared, sometime BEFORE the holiday!

I'm also trying to plan a few things for Yule. I want to celebrate it with my kids at least. I would like to make some Sun Bread, and hopefully cut out some snowflakes with the kids, or something else crafty. Of course we will be getting ready to bake our cookies for Santa. (It's interesting being a "new Pagan" in a house hold that celebrates Christmas. My kids enjoy it, so I'll continue, but I want to add to their holiday experience with a bit of my own "stuff")

Ah well, time to end this, I need to get ready to head out for our Saturday errands :D Hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!! Leave me one and let me know you're reading!!