Friday, December 10, 2010

Thanksgiving Dinner for NYE?

I want to roast a turkey. Or a chicken.  And I want it to come out right.  I'm torturing myself sitting here thinking about the two turkeys I got to enjoy this Thanksgiving....and I am drooling. They were very different, and both so good.

I'm sure my husband wouldn't turn down the idea. The frozen birds are out for Christmas...and if I wait a bit I could get a good deal! Then I could do it for New Years. Crazy? We need to make room in our freezer for sure lol

I'm not sure if I want to tackle a lot of sides. But I can't just stuff the bird. I should totally make a pie! What kind of pie....probably apple pie. And...hmm green bean casserole? I'll have to get Hubby's opinion on that one.  He's working that day, but if I time it going in the oven right, it can be done an hour or two after he gets home....the kids get to stay up late anyway ;)

It sounds like fun, which is weird to say, but it does. It also sounds a little stressful because I wouldn't want it to be under cooked. Then what would I serve?? I'd have no room for frozen pizza, and you'll wait 3 hours on NYE to get delivery.

there is also the whole...I don't have a roasting pan...thing.

So, should I buy the roasting pan and roast a turkey? or chicken?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!! Leave me one and let me know you're reading!!