Thursday, December 16, 2010

how does it happen so quickly?

My house is a disaster!!! (and my font is huge, wtf?, bah, I'll edit it later if I need to)

So, my husband was away for a week, and upon his return my kitchen was pretty and clean, the living room was mostly neat an organized, and even the bathrooms were in better shape.

Of course, yesterday my son had a pretty violent food poisoning incident. The poor boy :(  and that pretty much put a stop to everything that was going on. A little laundry got washed, and the dishwasher ran, but little else happened. My husband even came home early to be with his son (because when you're little boy says "I want my daddy" daddy came home)

OH, and then the school program we are working with sent us a computer since mine died (I am currently using an old computer with a Live CD, and it doesn't support flash, which means no school, and this computer isn't functional enough to install an operating system on :/ lol) Anyway, that means there are boxes and computer components on the kitchen table.

Bah, anyway, the point is my house was getting very near a point where I was excited I was making great progress, and now it's "omg please no one ring my doorbell!"

Tomorrow, I'm letting the kids have a free day. The boy can either continue to laze about and recover or he can play (hopefully calmly) and the girl will hopefully still be bouncing around. Setting up a computer, dishes, cleaning the table, the kitchen counters, the stuff I pulled out of the van so I could FINALLY replace the back seat. I'm glad to have the seat out of here, that means I can prepare to move the snake. He needs a slightly warmer spot in the house now that it's gotten cooler (or as it was in the beginning of the week, down right frigid!). My daughter is ready for me to make Santa's cookies. I, however, am ready for a clean house for a day or two before I do that. Not to mention I don't want everything to go back to this state in time for Christmas Eve...No Way. I need time to wrap the gifts! At least one kid is still awake, which makes wrapping risky. There is also no space to wrap. Must. Clean.

I'm still not sure about that Turkey dinner. Though now I am wishing I had thought to do it for Yule. :/ Maybe I will manage something special that day :)

Ok, enough mindless rambling, I am tired, and likely not making sense. So...Good night!!

1 comment:

Erin Wallace said...

Don't worry about the house; taking care of your child trumps housework anytime! Happy Holidays

xo Erin

Post a Comment

I love comments!! Leave me one and let me know you're reading!!