Monday, September 20, 2010

Catch and Release

This morning my husband and I were outside enjoying the breeze (briefly, it's hot out now) when we noticed a brand new butterfly (or moth?) trying to scaled the side of the driveway, it's wings were still visibly wet, so Hubby picked up a dry leaf, and the butterfly eagerly walked on to the leaf, in hopes to find a better place to dry it's wings. I ran in the house and got our butterfly habitat from our Painted Lady hatching. It only took a few seconds after setting the leaf in the habitat and the butterfly had scaled about an inch of the wall and was slowly opening it's wings to dry.

We still aren't sure if it was a moth or a butterfly, as I still have not compared our Painted Lady pictures to this one. But here are the few I snapped with my iPhone..

We all went outside for the release after a few hours, and it happily flew away.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!! Leave me one and let me know you're reading!!