As the Summer wanes to Fall my attentions turn inward toward the self and home. I am mentally preparing for my next blogging journey and finding it more and more difficult to tend to this one. My mind just isn't here. I am excited to start collecting stories from my friends, and anticipate having much to share regarding my thoughts on pregnancy, birth and mothering. I hope that it will be "easier" to come up with subject matter, and I'm sure I won't be lacking the content to publish something at least every other day.
Soccer is in 'full swing' with practice on Tuesday evening and a game on Saturday afternoon. He is enjoying it, but boy is he the awkward child. He is not as physically capable as many of the other boys on his team. His body does not seem to move his mind thinks it does. Maybe next year we'll try something different? I would like them each to have a physical activity.
Schooling has taken a new turn, we are currently writing the first of 3 papers that need to be turned in to the state to asses how he is doing in school. I hate it. They didn't give us our topic until the 7th of October and it's due on the 15th of October. Now, I love to write, especially if I have a topic given to me. (as long as I know a little about it). His topic is "a wish he would like to have granted" his paper mentions NOTHING of the topic for starters. Most of it is incomplete sentences, sentence fragments, and none of it follows the "thesis statement" or "topic sentence"
My attention has also turned to the house, I spent several hours last Tuesday throwing away 2 bags of trash, and several boxes that had been broken down and saved, cut apart and saved, or given to the children as "toys" and therefore destroyed. All out of my bedroom! I was planning on getting in there and doing it again yesterday but as I said in a facebook status "Tuesday stole Monday's name tag". We couldn't find the girl's leotard before ballet, managed to forget her ballet and tap shoes, AND she peed in her pull up on the way to ballet. Which of course I didn't remember to bring another.
This weekend I will be attending a childbirth educator teacher training, and I am every excited and looking forward to jumping in and trying to absorb everything! I am eager to begin teaching, but first I need to find a place to teach!!! I talked briefly with my chiropractor, and he agreed to sit down and talk with me, and said as long as my classes were during "operating hours" that would be fine. And then, I went outside....into their nightmare of a parking lot. I love our the group, and I love their office, but their parking lot is too small for a class of 3-5 or hopefully as many as 8-10 couples, PLUS their regular Saturday appointments and walk-ins. That's ok though! I had been talking to a friend of mine that works at the library, so I'll just have to go talk to her about it again...and ask my chiropractors to come and talk on the days I cover chiropractic care in pregnancy.
2 comments:
I so need to connect with our local childbirth educator. She started out doing teeny tiny groups in a very local restaurant :)
:) You should do it! I had a great weekend, and I am very excited to finish my reading and get with the teaching!!
Post a Comment
I love comments!! Leave me one and let me know you're reading!!