Saturday, August 28, 2010

Good morning. Would you believe I have been trying to blog all week? Would you believe that I am worried that I'll lose readers because I'm not blogging!! Which would suck, since you all just started reading.

School is in full swing, and that means I have less time to blog. Well, that's not entirely true. I have less time to write an interesting and at least kind of well written post. I want to post about my daughters ballet class, my son's work with schooling, the accomplishments I've made over the week, instead I end up with poorly written, slightly difficult to understand, heaps of words. So today I have a cup of yummy coffee...my own "house blend" if you will, and of course I've turned on Slacker Radio. I should really pay for it, I listen to it all the time, paying for a year at a time really wouldn't be that awful. Definitely something to think about, or put on my Holiday Wish List.

Lets see if I can give a brief recap of the last week or two...doubtful, but I'll try.

Dance Girl (aka Butterfly Girl) has had three weeks of dance classes now. Only 45 minutes a week, but I could already tell this week she was starting to really pick up some of the simpler steps. She struggles with the longer strings of instruction, but I have complete confidence she'll be keeping up great by the end of the year. This is really supposed to be fun more than anything. She did have her first "I don't wanna go" melt down this week when her tights were uncomfortable. She was squirming around while I was helping her pull them on, and lets face it, those seems on your toes can be uncomfortable if you "get it wrong". I got it wrong. My mistake! Pull them off, and try again. By the time we finished discussing why she didn't want to go (while getting dressed just incase she changed her mind...) she forgot why she didn't want to go and decided she was ready to go see her friend L and dance! Yay!!

Soccer Boy is still waiting to start, I think he's getting really excited, I told him practice starts in just under 2 weeks, and his face lit up!! I am waiting to hear from his coach still. Registrations run through Sept 1st, so hopefully by next weekend I will have practice days and times, and game times. Luckily all games are on Saturday's so I just need to know the time! Just keep your fingers crossed that his practices are not on Tuesday!! Girl's dance class is Tuesday mornings, and Boy and I usually aren't finished schooling until 3pm. Most days we get started with our work around 9:30-10:00 and we're finished before 1:30. He has really taken back to our old pattern of working, and it's been a much smoother start to the school year than I was expecting. However, Tuesday's....well, they just take longer! We leave around 9 and we're usually home in time to eat lunch and then move on to our school work. This week I took a little work with us...but forgot a pencil! Hopefully next week I'll be able to get that done more effectively.


The Husband, he's working hard, like always! Making me proud :) Hopefully currently enjoying a bit of a sleep in after Game Night with his friends. Looking forward to him being home tonight, and almost all of next week!!

Me, hmmm....me....I have been brainstorming what colors to paint in the house. We've been here for a number of years, and have only painted one room. I think it's time to Make It Mine ;) Since I love blue, I'm looking at blue shades first. Our main area is a bit difficult to paint, it really needs to be all one color....like it is now. The previous Lady of the House chose a soft, but bright yellow. I understand why, this house gets very dark during the dark days of Winter. It gets a little depressing if you're home all.the.time. Which, I am. But the yellow just ain't doing it for me!! (Hehe, I remember my midwife commented on the yellow walls when my daughter was little, she came by for a 6 week check up, and we had to take the baby outside because it was SO YELLOW in here we couldn't tell if it was her skin tone or the paint...yeah, I don't like the yellow anymore!)

So we're painting the "top" of the kitchen, the living room, and hallway all one color. The "bottom" of the kitchen is a deep red, I am strongly considering keeping that because I love it. But I'll wash that and give it a fresh coat. The hall bathroom needs re-freshing, but I am completely undecided on what color. It's currently a sandy color...I might go a shade or two lighter and keep it neutral. Soccer Boy's room is getting a new shade/or a fresh coat of the same shade. My bathroom is going from a dull grayish purple (more gray than purple) to something called "pool party" blue. When you think of the color of a pool, yeah, that blue....yep. My bathroom is tiny...I mean tiny!! When my doulas came over for some pregnancy photography and a belly casting N asked me which bathroom I was planning to use for labor when she saw how small it was. It's hard to have 2 people in there for anything. There was no way me (very pregnant of course) a midwife, my husband and a doula would have fit in there. I would have gone insane! The kids bathroom is twice the size of mine) Anyway, so that means I want to put a brighter but not overpowering color in there. I absolutely love how that little paint chip makes the room feel. I hope it carries over when I paint all the walls!!

Girl's room has yet to pick a color. I wanted 2 shades of purple and Hubby kind of agrees. Girl says red though. Ha!  No way kid, that's what color my room is going to be!! I've been wanting my bedroom to shed it's ugly shade of green and be a deep red since we moved in. And the laundry room is painted in the same green as my room for some reason. I will paint this to match the hallway because I hate that green. We leave the laundry room light on all the time to light up the hallway, mainly for at night because of the kids. I keep hoping one day my daughter might actually use the toilet, even if that's at night I leave it on. In reality it's on so I don't fall over the hamper on one of my many late night trips into her room to see what she's calling out for. More often than not it's "nothing" she's just awake and wants to make sure I'm still here (?)

Obviously paint is heavy on my mind these days. I really hope this happens! I'm so tired of the current colors/feelings in these rooms. I am also, as always, working on where things are in the living area. This year, school has more books, which means I needed to move things around. I might have gotten it yesterday. I moved some VHS and DVD's around a bit to open up a little space on the bookshelf. Hopefully it was enough. I also moved the cursive alphabet banners closer to our school area. Makes more sense and reopens part of the living room. I wish I'd taken some pictures!! This blog is so boring with out them!!

Well, it's 10:30 I suppose I should get off my ass and get those dishes done and laundry moving so we can go run our lunch time errands!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!! Leave me one and let me know you're reading!!