Monday, July 5, 2010

Butterfly Watch Day 1

It's been almost a week since they all cocooned up on the top of their little jar. Today I removed the plastic lid, prepared to hang it in our mesh habitat. Yet after hanging some elaborate web of yarn and safety pins thinking I was going to have to actually HANG the lid they had attached to I found...I was wrong.


There was a bit of, I don't know, rice paper? Tissue? Something thin that already has a bunch of holes in it is what they were attached to, not the plastic lid. So once I figured that out I just set the jar at the bottom, removed my little web and zipped it up.



3 comments:

Erin Wallace said...

I've always wanted to do this - maybe next year when will is four and has a better attention span! Excited to see yours emerge!

xo Erin

Autumn said...

It's been a lot of fun! My 4 yr old is obsessed with butterflies. But these aren't the "pretty flitty butterflies" you would expect. Though they are pretty in their own way. My daughter is excited. I think next year we'll try a different source for our bugs and see what we can get!

Autumn said...

I totally take that back, the inside of the wings is stunning!!

Post a Comment

I love comments!! Leave me one and let me know you're reading!!