Tuesday, July 6, 2010

No Guilt

That's right, I said no guilt. I am posting this at 1 am from my bed, so please forgive any horrible typos, or grammatical errors. I have also sufficiently pissed off the Mac by watching several episodes of Hell's Kitchen in a row through VLC. Sorry Mac. But, I won't feel guilty.

 Can.Not. Get enough.

My glasses appear to have run away with my water bottle, so I just lay here looking between the open computer and my book. The book, which I am looking forward to re-reading is in too small print. The computer, well, I can just click or use the keypad and make the font larger. Who needs glasses? And please, don't tell my eye doctor. But, I won't feel guilty.

Allow me to explain. You see.....I took today "off". I went to the grocery store, with my children, I shopped, and purchased, organized, transported, reorganized, put away, (reorganized), and cooked something, fed my children and put them to bed. I did not clean. Nope. Nothing. Why not? Because I married a great man. He doesn't expect a pristine home, or a hot meal on the table the second he walks through the door. (Does that happen anymore?) But, I also married a Geek. And as geeks wives will tell you, that can mean late nights. Long nights. And sometimes, over nights. Tonight is an over night. On a holiday "weekend". Things were pretty bad. But what does that mean for me? A complete night "off". I showered, I watched Hell's Kitchen until I ran out of episodes to watch. (Transmission is slow sometimes.) And now, I could be reading, but instead I lay here in my bed, blogging. Why? Because I can. And I wont feel guilty. 



 For the record, the above never happens, it's more like..
"Let me to make you a sandwich."
"Nah, I'm ok"
"Sudo, let me make you a sandwich."

So, to my Geek, I love you! I hope you manage to get a little sleep. I'm so proud of you for working as hard as you do.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!! Leave me one and let me know you're reading!!