I didn't say stop!!! I like it!!!!
My house, looks like I care!! Oh my goodness. My living room is neat, and clean. The kitchen table is free of clutter (except for our next craft supplies! I should have bought that bucket at Publix today! Damn!) the dishwasher is running, and only a few large things remain in the sink from dinner. I made dinner....mostly from scratch, and every one at at least some of it!
The kitchen is clean, save for those few dishes I already mentioned. But, really, you can't tell I cooked anything. Much less "from scratch". OK, look, I'll explain that. What I did was...I bought a bottle of "CYA" sauce. I knew my sauce might flop, and that even if it was good, I would have to make a lot more than one batch for this meal. So, I picked up a bottle of the proper sauce while I was shopping this weekend. Ya know, for the same reason I grabbed two frozen pizzas! In case I totally fuck it up! hahahahaha
Anyway, the laundry is still sitting in baskets waiting to be folded, but it's clean....and there isn't much left to wash. The floor has been swept, the toilets are clean, the mirrors are clean. (The windows are not, but I have kids, and I don't care to chase finger prints off windows all day)
I also managed to put together what I need for teaching a class this weekend, which I am excited about. :)
So, for those that are interested, here is what I made for dinner;
Teriyaki Beef, and noodles with mushrooms. I took a Betty Crocker recipie for the teriyaki noodles, and added beef.
What you need for the noodles:
1 cup hot water (for mushrooms)
6 dried Chinese black or shiitake mushrooms
8 oz of buckwheat or whole wheat spaghetti noodles
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 large onion, sliced
1 package (8 oz) sliced mushrooms
8 ounces fresh shiitaki, crimini or baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
1/3 cup teriyaki sauce**
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro.
1. Pour hot water over dried mushrooms in small bowl, let stand about 20 min or until soft; drain. Squeeze out excess water. Remove and discard stems, cut caps into 1/2 inch strips.
2. Cook and drain noodles as directed on package.
3. Heat oil in 12 in skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add onion; stir fry 3 minutes. Add all mushrooms; stir fry 3 minutes. Stir in teriyaki sauce ad reduce heat. Partially cover and simmer for about 2 minutes or until veggies are tender. Stir in noodles, cilantro and any seeds you may desire.
For the beef, I used beef tips.
Heat oil in a skillet.
Season beef with salt, pepper, and a small amount of ground ginger.
Add to skillet and brown, once brown, add some teriyaki sauce (to taste) and reduce heat.
Mix together, or serve apart. I had it all mixed together, as did my daughter. My son preferred the meat separate. We gave it an over all "meh". The girl loved it. Or so she says, she didn't eat as much as I was expecting, but she ate steadily...which for her is unusual. My son wasn't a big fan. And I would make some changes if I made this again. My husband isn't home from work, and will be trying it REHEATED! lol Good luck, My Love.
** I used store bought sauce for the noodles, and the stuff I made for the beef. I can't recommend the stuff I made. I didn't love it as sauce, but it was decent for cooking.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments!! Leave me one and let me know you're reading!!