Monday, June 27, 2011

Garlic Marinade

Well, it was yummy!! I made a marinade with garlic, onion, white wine vinegar and a few other ingredients, and then set some chicken in it for about 6 hours. Seared the outside of the chicken (skillet with oil, medium to high heat...just enough to start to brown tenders, gently brown a breast but don't cook it) put back in the marinade and back in the oven at 350* until cooked through.

HOWEVER, I've lost the dang recipe card!! Yep, I pulled it out of the book, and lost it. I had taken it out only to share it here, but I did that on whatever evening I made it..Wednesday? So, once I find it (hopefully I'll find it) I will share it. I would love to try this grilled, and with other cuts of other meats :)

Tonight we had Pot Roast. The Hubby and I enjoyed it, and discussed a few ideas to make it better next time. The kids were kinda "meh" about it. But they did like the gravy with crackers. lol It's a crock pot recipe...here ya go.

Ingredients:
3-3.5 lb beef rump or chuck roast
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon seasoned salt
¼ teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon seasoned pepper

1 onion
3 carrots
4 potatoes (red or golden)
1 celery stalk

1 cup beef broth
3 tablespoons cornstarch *reserve*
¼ cup of water *reserve*

Prep:
cut onion into 8 wedges
peel and cut carrots into 1 inch pieces
wash and cut potatoes into eighths
coarsely chop celery

Rub salts into meat
Place veggies in the bottom of the crock pot
Pour Broth over veggies
Place seasoned beef on top of veg.


Cook:
Cover cook on low 8 to 9 hours

For gravy:
Remove beef, turn crock pot to high
Dissolve cornstarch in ¼ cup of water
Cover and cook on high 15 or 20 minutes or until slightly thickened

Serve :)

So, we decided on a few different spices for the rub for next time. And more veggies. The amount of potatoes were ok, they were on the small side, so just a bit larger. More carrots, but again, they were kind of small carrots!! And we definitely wanted more broth. After we sliced up the beef for the kids, we decided we liked it better as a beef stew of sorts. We decided to freeze the leftovers, but I'm not even sure there were enough of those to re-heat well. I guess we'll see!!

Hopefully soon I'll have a few pictures to share, we spent a great part of the weekend working on building Lego Hogwart's Castle. :) I'm already wondering what piece to get next, because we need a Ron for one thing.....and because, this has been fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!! Leave me one and let me know you're reading!!