Friday, January 7, 2011

Prep for Imbolc

Yeah, yeah, I know it's only January 7th. But perhaps I'll manage to make that turkey dinner or something similar for Imbolc? Why not? February is still cold...and it would be nice to have a big family meal....with just my little family. We've never done it before.

The kids and I can prepare by cleaning and crafting, we can do a tiny "kid friendly" type ritual, and I can do one on my own. It's just a thought!! I have been printing off Imbolc stuff *all morning* and have more to look up this evening.

Along with Imbolc, I am also starting to plan my next steps toward Dental Health. *sigh*...I need to call the insurance company to talk about our family benefits and everything. I would like to discuss possibily using benefits from other family members at the end of the year. So I can go through a procedure or two *or three if I'm 'lucky'* and then when my daughter (who has perfect teeth even with out a cleaning last year!!) has finished up with her 2nd cleaning I can use the remainder of her benefits in like Nov/Dec of 2011...before they renew for Jan 2012. It too is just a thought!! But I hope I can work it.

Not much going on right now other than some "planning". I'm very good at planning....it's the follow through that gets me.

I seem to have done about all I can in the living room and kitchen as far as decluttering and reorganizing. I need my man home so he can go through HIS things in the living spaces. The kids rooms were recently done, but definitely need touch ups. (And with the use of a new printer, I will be taking pictures upon room completion and helping the children create "MY ROOM" poster board to go on the back of their doors so they can see what a clean room looks like!)
I am about 1/3 of the way complete with my Childbirth Educator exam...I hope after the boy and I finish schooling today I can get a little more work done..but I also have to hit up the grocery store at some point today. Along with dishes, putting away copious amounts of laundry, tidying up the little messes that have been made and I will likely sweep and mop the floor. The floor always has to be at least swept.

I have hardwood floors. Which...I have a love-hate relationship with. They're beautiful! I adore how they look in the fall and spring when I have all the blinds pulled up and the sunshine pouring in the windows. Until the kids go outside and manage to track in a layer of dust thick enough to dull the brightest of beautiful flooring. Yep, only takes one day. When my daughter was newly mobile (so 6ish months old) I would sweep AND mop my floors DAILY. It was exhausting but rewarding in that I could loose sight of my baby for a few seconds and not worry about the dust bunny she was about to have for a snack. But I also hate how "careful" we have to be not to nick and scratch them! It means no dog, and moving furniture is not something I can do on my own just because I finally figured out how I want everything. Nope, I need someone there to pick up the otherside of the heavy thing so I don't mess up the floor. And if you spill, you better clean it up right away, or risk making a spot. But I guess the same can be said for carpet (or other flooring, depending on the liquid.)

That was quite the tangent, and now I've forgotten where I was going with all this. Oh, right....the floor was one of the reasons I likely wouldn't manage to get to my CBE Exam today. Among other things. (and the children have descended upon me...)

So, um, where was I? I swear, I feel like the Absent Minded Professor!!

Oh well, I guess that will be my cue to go collect our school books and get started. Thank Goddess it's Friday! I am hoping for a "girls night out" tomorrow night after I go do some shopping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!! Leave me one and let me know you're reading!!