Monday, September 13, 2010

Yep, I'm a Soccer Mom and My 5 Year Old's Birthstory

Yep, now I'm a soccer mom. I've had the mini van for a while, now I just need the soccer ball magnet, or maybe antennae topper......and before anyone sends me one, I'M TOTALLY KIDDING!! I already have a magnet on my van for the NJROTC unit my brother is a part of, that I was a part of...that my husband was a part of. It's a family thing ;)

We had our first practice on Thursday night, this week we begin practices on Tuesday evenings. Ballet at 10 am, and soccer practice at 5:30. Tuesday's are going to be insanity around here until mid-November. It took us until 4 pm last Tuesday to finish school (after getting home from ballet and eating lunch)...we are going to have to improve that quickly if this is going to work out with out having to make Tuesday a  "weekend" and Sunday a "school day"

The ball is actually behind the goal, that's from the team playing behind us. But for the first 10 min of the game, The Boy played Keeper!!



Saturday was Girl's birthday, shes 5 now, and that seems SO BIG!!! I remember walking down the hall with my 7 hour old baby girl like it was yesterday.

On, September 10, 2005 I woke up with a monster headache, had breakfast and told my husband I was going back to bed. At 39 weeks I didn't want to take motrin...I requested an hour, but Hubby said after an hour I looked so peaceful, and no where near ready to wake up. 3 Hours after laying down I woke up again, no headache and feeling MUCH better. I went about my day, eating, cleaning and preparing. I remember moving a few pieces of furniture around in my room (small things) and placing my birth kit items and baby items neatly in my bedroom. That night after putting my 3 yr old to bed, a little teary eyed realizing he wasn't going to be the baby much longer, I headed out to Publix for a few last minute food items around 9 pm. I remember standing against the little table where they bag your groceries because my lower back felt tight. I felt like I needed an adjustment. I went home and ate some more...I remember eating a lot that day too. I had a turkey sandwich before leaving for the store, and had tomato soup after I got home ....the whole can!!  We watched Sgt. York and then went to bed.

On September 11, 2005 I woke up at 2:07, yay for late pregnancy bathroom trips....and then went back to bed. At 2:15 (no lie!) I was up again. A little put out that I was up again, I decided to grab a book and go visit the other bathroom. WIDE awake after that I went to the living room, checked out my online due date clubs and watched a few minutes of The West Wing. At 3:05 I had my first real contraction. I was sitting "criss-cross-applesauce" on the sofa with the keyboard in my lap. I noted the time on both the computer and the TV. At 3:07 I had another contraction. I decided to shut down the computer (why I'll never know) and go lay on the other sofa so I could time the contractions before I woke up my husband or my midwife, or my doula!! I'm sure there was another contraction at 3:09, but I only remember the next one coming at 3:11.

I lay there wondering why there were so intense, and so close together. These were definitely NOT Braxton Hicks contractions, I remembered this intensity from my first (pitocen induced) labor. For a split second I worried about the baby's position. I worried she was posterior, and I would have a dysfunctional labor pattern that started at ctx every 2 minutes and was going to last all day. At 3:15 I felt a pop, then the contraction started and I leaked a little fluid. In very gazelle like movement I jumped from the sofa and sprang into the hall bathroom. Not leaving a drop of fluid behind! lol I stripped off my underwear and it was obvious immediately that my water had indeed released. There was light, but fresh meconium staining, and I immediately dialed my midwife. I told her my ctx were every 2 minutes, and my water broke, but that things had only just started. (I had also called her while at Publix, she asked if I was in labor and I said "nope") I spoke quickly knowing another contraction was coming...and when it did she listened to me, and then asked "was that a contraction" I said yes....and she said "I'm on my way, call my cell if you need me again ok!" I hung up with her and called my doula, I hate waking people up and now I've just woken at least two. The midwife (and maybe her husband) and now my doula (and possibly her husband and one of her kids!!) I told her that the midwife was on her way, and labor was definitely going...had another contraction and made all kinds of noise. I said to her "I hope I didn't just push" and she kinda laughed and said she doubted it. I hung up with her to go wake Hubby. Right after he got out of bed a strong contraction rendered me motionless at the foot of the bed, fluid and meconium dripped from me. Hubby launched onto the floor with a towel and shoved it between my feet. (this makes me laugh now...I hate our carpet and could have cared less)

I went into the bathroom, Hubby asking me questions "Do you want me to fill the pool" not enough time...."Do you want to lay down" No, that hurts I want to be upright. I turned on the water in the tub and hoped it would some how fill quickly. I stripped off my shirt and got in the tub. At least now I didn't need to worry where I dripped. I tried to lay on my side, that lasted not even one whole contraction it was that bad. I moved mid contraction to my knees and sitting up. With the next one I was "thrown" on to my hands, and stuck my bottom in the air. I yelled, and grunted. Hubby was on the phone with the midwife, and I heard him call to me "D wants to know if you're pushing" I replied "A little" and he came rushing into the bathroom. He turned off the water (thank God, it was so loud) and set down the phone. D called out that if she was coming this quickly we were both fine. We had discussed this during my pregnancy, so I wasn't scared, but I really wanted a slower labor. Hubby offered his arm over the tub and I grabbed it for the next whopper. I recall my voice rising in pitch and D calling out to keep my tones low. With the next contraction my entire body pushed. What an amazing feeling! On my hands and knees, my body pushed so hard that my bottom went toward my feet. Suddenly I whipped my hand from Hubby's and placed it over my daughter's head, she had fully crowned in that one gigantic push. "I HAVE HER HEAD!!" Then I felt Hubby's hands over mine "I have her", and then another earth moving push from my body, this time I was behind it mentally. Hubby said "her head is out, along with a lot of cord" .....push again, harder... "more cord"....I just kept pushing, the contraction was nearly over so I pushed harder. I didn't like hearing that so much cord was out. And there she was!!! I bolted up on my knees and looked over my right shoulder just in time to see one of Hubby's hands on her head, the other just above her bottom, and her arms out WIDE in a startle.


She really hasn't slowed down since ;)


She wanted to help me make her cake this year. 1 8" round and 12 cupcakes.
I wish I had some of her newborn pictures on the computer, but that was 3 or 4 computers ago. I have them on disc somewhere.

A little balloon (she loves those) and her first bouquet of flowers from Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!! Leave me one and let me know you're reading!!