Friday, September 10, 2010

My Window

A friend asked me the other day if I was still working on learning about my spiritual path. I told her that it was on hold for now, I had so  much to do getting ready for school, and with the children's activities. Really all I do now is read anyway. Read blogs, read threads, read books. I can do that any time. But with the crunch in the rest of my time, my online time has been crunched too. My friend also asked me if I was still keeping an altar. I told her I had taken down the one in my bedroom, but that my makeshift Kitchen Altar had actually grown and morphed. In January of last year it was just a 'clean' window. In February I had added my little Goddess statue, and some candles, the plant, and had brought back a few pictures.


So yesterday, I took some pictures of how it looks now!!




The artwork above is from my son's last year in public school. I do miss the art projects. It's difficult for me to want to do them at home. The notes are from my very funny husband, with a few more nature-y gifts from my children and the book that I won from Confessions of a Pagan Soccer Mom!


The Peace Tea can is is there, just because I like the can! My husband loves this tea, and brought one home for me. It was pretty good!! I wanted to review it I even took better pictures of the can. I love my oil diffuser, mostly I take the top off of it and burn a candle. I love the shadows it casts. Most of the dried roses are from own garden. (Some are from bouquets from years ago)

Currently I am working on my path into the birth world again. My training is in October, so I am refocusing my mental energies on to BIRTH once again! It's thrilling really, for me at least! I just received my copy of Active Birth today, and I am dropping my other reading projects for the time being.

I am running out of time here today, my husband should be home shortly and then I get to head out to the grocery store. My little Butterfly Dance Girl is turning 5 tomorrow. Wow, 5 years old!! I can't believe it!!

2 comments:

bluets said...

I keep my kitchen altar pretty simple... a little jar with rocks that hold up a feather. a jug for water (but not filled with water). a jar shaped like a maple leaf, filled with cheap plastic red "gems". my playdoh god and goddess. a few things hanging on hooks from below the shelf (usually drying herbs). a few candles. i usually try to change things around on the solstices and equinoxes.

as you're transitioning to all-things-birth, perhaps now would be a good time to identify midwifery-related goddesses? :)

Autumn said...

bluets, I think you're right, perhaps I should begin to get to know some of Them. :) I'm looking forward to clearing it all off and starting fresh again too!!

Post a Comment

I love comments!! Leave me one and let me know you're reading!!