Monday, September 6, 2010

It's a bootcamp kinda day

After spending a week off of work, my husband ran off to work this morning. The running was because we either slept through the alarms, shut them off with out waking up, or, they just didn't go off!! Tomorrow I will also have the alarm on my phone to go off....tomorrow is Tuesday after all, which I think means we have ballet! In theory, they don't have classes *today* according to their newsletter, but there is nothing saying "yes" that they have classes the rest of the week. So....I don't know. *Still* waiting to hear from the boy's soccer coach. A little annoyed now. It's been 6 days since registration closed. Can we not figure out how to put children into groups by age AS they register?? Perhaps I just lack the 'behind the scenes' knowledge, but I would think that knowing a holiday weekend was approaching AND practices and games start this week....they would have been making calls. I will be calling tomorrow if I haven't heard. I'll wait until 3:00 (because that's when we're usually finished with school and I'm working on my errands/tasks!

But HAPPY LABOR DAY! I decided that we would take the day off school today, I have a lot of cleaning up to do, I didn't do much of anything Friday, Saturday or Sunday....which was nice. But, now it's not nice!!!


  • fold laundry
  • empty dishwasher
  • sweep
  • mop
  • run laundry
  • take a shower
  • kids need baths
  • Kitchen
  • Dining Room
  • Living Room
  • Kid's Bathroom
It's going to be a long day, so I think I'll start with watching Robin Hood with the kids. I haven't seen this movie in a long time. I guess I could have laundry running and be folding it while we watch, but that's not as fun!! 

Last night we took the kids to the fair, most of the vendors were all packed up and gone by the time we arrived (around 8:30 pm) grabbed a funnel cake and walked around while deciding what rides to ride. The kids took two turns on the Dragon Coaster, which has a height limit of 42 inches. Eeks! The boy shouldn't have been riding, but the girl needed her big brave brother to help make the ride fun for her. Then we went through the fun house, the girl clinging to daddy the whole way through. Then daddy and the boy went on a ride called Vertigo. I wish I'd gone! It was 4 tickets EACH though, sheesh. $8 ride!!! But they were in side by side swings, that went up pretty high, and seemed to be going around pretty fast. They looked like they were having a blast!! Then we all rode the ferris wheel, boy and I together, girl and daddy together. I love the ferris wheel!!! Finally, with our last 4 tickets I went with the kids down the big slide. We got another funnel cake, and the kids split a big pickle as we walked back to the van. It was a great fun evening, and when we put the kids to bed, there wasn't another peep!! (which is a far cry from normal....and was very welcome!!)

Well, back to Robin Hood!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!! Leave me one and let me know you're reading!!