Saturday, September 4, 2010

Five Questions

It's supposed to be 5 Question Friday, but we all know how well I keep up with those daily/weekly things ;) I'm happy with my 40 followers, and I'm sure some of you will be removing my blog sooner rather than later. I am not a give away blog, or a contest blog, and that seems to be where the majority of the "Fun Friday" things come along. And that's fine. I have a TON of you in my Reader and enjoy having things to read :) And this came through from one of you, I think it's a neat idea! So....with out dragging this out any longer .... 


1. What do you do when you have time to yourself?  When I am smart enough to seize the moment appropriately, I like to read...books. When I'm not smart enough, I end up reading on the internet. Which is fine, it passes the time, it can be entertaining, it can be educational. Mostly it's a time suck and I end up going "wtf, You could have been reading from one of the 3 books you have a bookmark in!! 
 
I also like to crochet, I love to sing. And sometimes I'll play the role of responsible adult, and do something like clean the house when I have "free time". You see for me free time is any time not spent teaching my children, cooking for my children (cleaning up from cooking), and generally just caring for my children. We all know that is a full time job, but we also know that when they entertain themselves or play together nicely and leave mama alone...mama can get things done!!

2. When you look out your kitchen window, what do you see? I see our pecan tree, with an almost empty hummingbird feeder, and an empty bird (seed) feeder. I'll refill the nectar later, and I need to replace the seed feeder. I prefer to feed the winter birds using the feeder, the summer birds seem to prefer the ground, so I sprinkle the seed. This year a wasp decided to stake his claim on it and...well, the squirrels did a number of it this past winter. 
 
3. Who/What would you want to be reincarnated as? Something like a hawk would be acceptable.

4. What is your biggest pet peeve about other people's kids?  Whining, screaming, crying, tantrums in public. And not my friends kids....I guess because I know them, and I know it's rare. It's rare for my kids to do that in public as well, but we also will leave or at least remove the child from the situation. I'd rather sit with a screaming child in the car than stay in my seat at the restaurant and ignore my child. We recently went to dinner for my Sister-In-Law's birthday, and when we arrive there were 3 tables with crying children. Two of those tables had food on them, both children appeared to be "done eating", the adults just ignored the kids until they were ready to leave. The third table was waiting on their food, and the kid was hungry, the parents were actively trying to comfort and calm the child. It was by far less annoying to listen to than the other two. And their food came quickly, he calmed, he ate, and they left because he was clearly tired too. 
 
5. Regular or Diet soda? Regular when I drink it. Dr. Pepper to be exact. Artificial sweeteners are toxic, and shouldn't be consumed. They also don't help you loose weight, if you really want to loose weight, stop drinking *soda* period. I have a few times, it's been 2 years since I bought soda for me for my house...a good 5-7 lbs has stayed off since then. My friends that drink diet would probably see the same result if they stopped altogether, they would also be healthier for it. I love my friends and hate to see them drinking neuro toxins every time they reach for a diet coke.



I guess that ends my soapbox for today. Wow, I didn't intend for it to turn into such, but it did. 
 
I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL Saturday!!! Happy Labor Day to all!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!! Leave me one and let me know you're reading!!