Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Getting to Know....Me

Well, I noticed I have 31 followers (!!!) and thought I'd do a little getting to know you 

Some of you do know me already, and that's why you follow, but most of you I don't know! 

I also want to say thank you for following me! If there is something you'd like to see here leave it in a comment, I read all comments!!!

So, who am I? Well, you can call me Autumn for now ;) I am a Stay At Home Mom to two insane little monsters wonderful children. I have been working on 'blog names' for the kids and so far have only renamed the girl. She's Butterfly Girl. Until her favorite thing changes. The boy could be Poke Boy, but I can't get the accent over the e, so it looks like poke instead of the intended Pokemon reference. I could also call him Tech Boy or GT boy since he loves Georgia Tech. I'll come up with something.


So I've been sitting here for almost an hour writing all about my kids!! Ack!! I'll tell you about them on their birthdays, this was supposed to be about ME!!

What can I say, like a lot of moms, my children define me. Recently I have been trying to break out of that and re-define myself. So, who am I!?

I'm a Newbie Pagan. I have been taking (and failing) Wicca 101 classes since January. I have found it's very difficult to study something new while homeschooling one child, and juggling the other to keep them both feeling cared for and happy. I pulled a lot of late nights, and when it came time to review the homework found that I was missing a lot of important information. I am thankful though that I have met some other really wonderful Sister Witches that are local to me, and who are willing to share their knowledge, faith and Holidays with me.

I am a doula, a soon to be childbirth educator, and likely an aspiring midwife. I became a doula in 2002, and will be a childbirth educator by then close of 2010. I aspire to aspire to be a midwife sometime around 2015...maybe. So, why isn't this a birth blog? Because when I was pregnant with my daughter I decided to stop practicing. I wasn't getting a lot of clients, so it wasn't a hugely difficult decision. But in order to be ok with that, I ended up withdrawing quite a bit from the birth world. I still read a few birth blogs, and I am still a member of the Georgia Birth Network, but I'm really just now getting back into it. I'm sure as I get closer to my training, and certainly after I will be doing a lot more reading, and will have a lot more to share on the subject.

I am a partner. My husband and I have been together since October of 1999, we were married in January of 2001. We have been through a lot together....but who hasn't? Most couples have had to go through some hard times. We all think our struggles are more difficult that some others. We spent some time with no contact while he was in the Marines...prior to marriage. I worried he was dead. He was attached to the V-22 Squadron when we were dating, they suffered two major losses that year. Two crashes that killed a lot of his friends. Including his best friend. Those times were tough. We were together on 9/11...and very pregnant. Our son was born 13 days later. Definitely a highlight. Then 'we' got out of the Marines, and moved back home. Finally bought a house, and I spent a few years being a contractors wife. Inconsistent hours and pay are difficult on any family. But they're also a time to really pull together and make everything work the way you need it too. During this time, we were surprised by a pregnancy, and then devastated by it's loss.  Four months later, we were nervously pregnant again, and anxiously looking forward to the day we saw the little heart beating on the ultrasound. We both cried with joy that day. The day before her due date our daughter was born, into her fathers hands. And with that, our human family was complete.

In the following years,  I have grown more and more as a wife through struggles with back pain (my husband) and a bipolar diagnosis (myself). We have had to really evaluate what is important to US and what is important to our family. I have grown more as a woman through my children than I would have ever thought possible. And I am finally learning how to grow Spiritually. I 'gave up' on the Christian way of Worship after losing my baby. "It was God's Will" just wasn't good enough for me. I needed something else. I spent a few years completely closed off to any kind of Faith. And over the years I have found myself more and more drawn to the Pagan way of thinking. Which for me means a Balance. A God, and a Goddess. I am not necessarily Wiccan, though that is my current learning path.

If you got through all of that I applaud you. This is only a little bit of me. Considering not much of is ME. Sheesh. like I said, I am working on re-defining ME so that I don't define myself by my family. I don't want to be lost.

From GIFS

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!! Leave me one and let me know you're reading!!