Today I will be cleaning!!! I will also be parenting, partnering and gardening!!
Cleaning first. Thankfully there isn't a lot to do. A few dishes in the sink, a basket (yes A basket) of laundry to fold. Throw pillows and bean bags to throw and fluff. A few things to put back in my van (had a rental this week so I have pretty new bumper now!) And during all that cleaning, some candle burning to banish some of the negativity. I really need to order the things I put in my basket at Mountain Rose Herbs. If I did, I could burn some of the lovely incense I made at Beltane.
Gardening (yes, I'm ordering my explanations differently than my opening sentence.) Today's gardening plans include getting the front yard cut before the thunder storm arrives. After that I have a container of mixed flowers I need to get in the ground. Marigolds, pink/purple zinnas, maybe some columbines that haven't flowered just yet, and two sunflowers that are just aching for more depth!! And I am going to put my Mother's Day flowers in the ground too. They have bloomed and dropped their petals already, but they're lilies, so I'm hoping that they will come back again! My fire lilies have their buds, and the buds are getting bigger every day. I can't wait for some blooms!!
Partnering...I love weekends. My husband is home!! I have my parenting partner, my life partner...I'm much happier and more calm when I have him around :) He is my balance.
Parenting. Well, that's a given right? So far I've fed one child, and highly praised her coloring skills. The picture now dons our cork board in the kitchen. Up next she's been given permission to paint on her paper lantern....but for right now she's enjoying learning a little Spanish from Dora and her Leapster2. We missed Jack Hanna again!! Maybe one day we'll remember when it comes on so breakfast is done before it's over! I hope to encourage the kids to work along side me today. I will probably ask them to pick up their bedroom floors while I pick up around the house. Then when I'm working outside, hey are looking forward to eating lots of water melon, and playing in the sprinkler. I just hope I can get them to help me weed the garden a little first ;)
In the time it took me to write about the gardening and partnering my oldest child has graced us with his presence and had breakfast. I guess that means it's time to start the day!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments!! Leave me one and let me know you're reading!!