I only took two pictures, with the crappy iPhone camera, but we had a hint of Spring this weekend. It was glorious! I took the kids out to play in the afternoon. They had a great time, and it was difficult to get them to go in despite it being time for dinner!!
I got the chance to really clean off the back deck too. I moved everything around and got all the leaves and most of the cat hair off swept off. As usual, I had to drive a few nails back into place. The old owners of this house had intended on replacing the deck, but only got as far as ripping off all the rails. Intelligent. We have not had the time, or finances, to complete this project ourselves. Thankfully, it hasn't been a huge issue. One day I will have a roof over my deck so I can enjoy it year round. It's just too damn hot sitting directly in the Summer sun!! Most days all I'd need is shade and a portable fan and there we go, plenty of outside time :D
I really need to clean off the front deck, and repaint the railings. It could stand some attention. I would also like to take advantage of a great place for coffee in the Spring and Summer.
Yesterday I took the children around to three grocery stores, I called it a Home Ec lesson. I explained to my son that I'd written out a menu, and planned what to buy based on the weeks deals at these various shops. I also explained to him that I was buying extra of the things that were buy one get one free, so that we'd have them available for next week, or even the week after that (for things like spaghetti and spaghetti sauce) ... which makes it cheaper to go shopping in 2 weeks. Things like milk and bread that run out of course, but really it's less than half of our groceries the second time around.
Today my progress came to a screeching halt when I handed my son his book report and asked him to work on the bit he's working on today. He hates writing. A lot. I just want to be finished with this so we can work on our other lessons. If we didn't have to turn this in to prove that he's working at home, then I'd skip this and save it for when he's ready to take on this level of writing.
Well, yay! He's finally finished. Time to go make lunch! Blessed Be everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments!! Leave me one and let me know you're reading!!