Ok so I have these pictures I can not get off my camera because I can't find my USB cable!
Last week I cleaned up shop. Big time. I went over my kitchen top to bottom, well, side to side. I did only hit the counters. So, last week I STARTED cleaning up shop big time. I also went through the living room, and moved the chairs and small tables around a bit. I'm still not 100% satisfied with that room, but it's better!
This week I slammed into a brick wall, but I am recovering and getting back in the right frame of mind.
When I was satisfied with how much I had accomplished I decided my goal was to get my bedroom decluttered and organized. In order to do this, we will of course have to take all that clutter and move it into the living room so that we can organize it and thin it out. So I took several blue post it notes off of the pad and stuck them to the counter. I wrote things like "computer monitors" and "crawlspace bound". Well, I had one too many, so just being silly I wrote "TRASH!" on the final note and stuck it to the wall above the trash can (I hate that my trash can doesn't fit in a cabinet).
These were up for a few hours before my husband got home. My kids noticed them and asked questions, and I told them, and then said 'now leave them alone!'
My husbands response was classic. After he got home, he was standing in the kitchen eating dinner while I was reading to the kids (we read Harry Potter before bed), and I could hear that he was doing other things too.
After I got the kids down, and all was quiet I headed into the kitchen for a drink, and that's when I noticed.....
I laughed HARD! My husband is awesome!
Well, I'm sorry you had to wait for so long! Hopefully more soon.
Today I cleaned out the entire fridge. I took out each shelf, and cleaned it. I put them back a bit differently, and it looks SO clean!!! Then I went after our linen/art closet. I've decided no more linen. I'm working on getting the towels in the bathrooms. There is one shelf up top for mattress sheets and other smaller items (blankets go in a blanket chest). It's much neater, and I was even able to get the basket of crayons and markers off the kitchen table and put them all in smaller boxes and they have a home in the cabinet now! YIPPIE!!
2 comments:
love your husband's sense of humor. maybe it's time to get outside for a break?
my storage spaces contain the stuff that belongs in those spaces - but things are just stuffed in them - no organization at all. oh well.
Oh yes, we finally got outside this week! We had two beautiful days where I took the kids to the park (and thus collapsed in the evening rather than blogging!)
As for the organization inside designated spaces...weeeeellllll.... it's MOSTLY organized ... NOW lol. Of course it wasn't when I was wanting to take pictures.
Post a Comment
I love comments!! Leave me one and let me know you're reading!!