Monday, August 9, 2010

First Day of School

Today has been the family's first day back to school for the '10-'11 school year. When we got up this morning, I started coffee and fed the kids breakfast. Then I started getting Butterfly Girl ready for her first day of school! I remember being excited about the first day, almost every year of school, so I attempted to re-create a "going to school" type of morning.


She picked a dress, and how she wanted her hair to be, put on sandals, and I packed her lunch. Soccer Boy thought this sounded like fun, I'm sure remembering his first day of Kindergarten and First grade (when he attended public school), and he got dressed, put on socks and shoes and even packed a back pack!!! So I packed his lunch too.





Then we went to "wait for the bus". Really I just wanted to take some pictures outside, but SB decided pretending to wait for the bus was a fun idea. After a few pictures we came inside and got to work! Butterfly Girl breezed through her school work in about an hour. Soccer Boy's online school won't load our lessons until next Monday, but he is working on Study Island pre-tests today. He's very excited to be a third grader this year!!



Next week we will get to practice having two children schooling, in the same room, doing completely different tasks!! BG's curriculum is short and sweet. No reason to go crazy and fill her day with learning! She practices some sight words, we work together on Starfall, and she gets to do her favorite thing...practice writing!! Once SB's school gets going, I hope to be able to give BG a task, help her get started and then turn my attention to getting SB's lesson going. Once BG finishes a task she will have stacks of coloring paper/pictures and crayons, free time on Starfall, and plenty of books to search for sight words, and whatever else I can come up with!




I hope everyone has a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!! Leave me one and let me know you're reading!!