Saturday, January 9, 2010

Progress

prog·ress
n.
1. Movement, as toward a goal; advance.
2. Development or growth: students who show progress.
3. Steady improvement, as of a society or civilization: a believer in human progress.



This year, I have decided to pick a word, and do my best to use this word to better my life. Every day, I will find some where to make some kind of progress.

I chose this word because I seem to have quite a few projects going on right now. Of course there is my everyday 'job' of being mother, and house keeper. I do my best to make some progress every day with my 'chores' and on school days we try to get as much done as we're both willing to do.

My goals for this year, are to get my entire house neat and more like a living space than a storage space.

I have recently begun taking Wicca 101 classes, very locally, and I find them very exciting! My goal is to do well and study hard.

I have also finally begun to confront my fears of the dentist. My goal is to have a healthy mouth before 2010 is even really started ;) I have had x-rays, impressions and pictures taken, I go back on 1/14 to discuss what we're going to take care of first, and how long it will take. This is terrifying and exciting for me. I have been living in pain off and on because of this. But no more!! And..I really like the dentist. He's a super nice guy that...guess what...also hates going to the dentist, and was also afraid of it when he was younger (and still is a bit, but I'm sure he's got a friend who is good to him ;) )

I have many other area in which I would like to improve my life, and make progress on becoming the person I want to be, inside and out.

Many blessings to you all in this new year!! And hey, if you don't see me posting, drop me a line and ask if I've made any progress!!



1 comment:

bluets said...

I used to go to a dentist that specialized in dental phobias. The equipment was all hidden. His exam room (where the fillings were done) had picture windows overlooking a wooded brook. You always had the option of relaxing gas (even for a simple cleaning) and music through headphones.

Post a Comment

I love comments!! Leave me one and let me know you're reading!!