Monday, January 11, 2010

A Cold and Sunny Sunday

Why is it that it's next to impossible to get moving when it's cold? Today was warmer than yesterday, but it was still very cold, I *think* we made it to 32. Yesterday it was like 25! But it's supposed to be 12 tonight. Now this is crazy cold. This makes me cold to the core...not even my coffee really warms me up when it's that cold in the morning. And that sets the tone for the day.

We stayed plenty busy yesterday (Saturday), bundled everyone up, warmed up the van (which we hate doing) and drove into town to see the chiropractor. Usually this gives me 30 minutes to run to the bank and pharmacy while dh is in his physical therapy massage, but I decided it was far too cold, and we all went inside and sat in the waiting area watching some thing on the tv. Well, the kids were, I was trying to read more in my book.

After the whole family was adjusted we headed up to Publix to drop off some prescriptions and decided we would head over to Target and I would get groceries later.  At Target we  made use of the 30-50% off sales they're having. My husband found two pair of jeans, and a very comfortable 'long john' stripped shirt for a very satisfying deal. The only thing better would have been a few more shirts for the same price, but that would require a trip to Plato's Closet. I hate taking the kids there.

We hurried home around 1 so that I could leave on time for my first Wicca class. After a little meltdown from the 4 yr old, I made it out the door, and even managed a few minutes to spare...at least according to the clock in the van! I loved my class, of course, the first is on History, which I really enjoy anyway! I can't say enough about the good company, and how much I look forward to learning with, and from these women. Our next meeting can't come soon enough. We had some homework on the Blue Moon, (and I'll try to put up what I wrote tomorrow) and then we went over our assignment for the first month.

After class I went back to Publix (close to my teachers house) to pick up the prescriptions, pick up a few things for dinner, and for part of this weeks meals. I got home right around the time I expected to find the kids finishing dinner....but they were engrossed in The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe. I was glad I made egg salad on Friday, it was the perfect solution for dinner.

Today I made progress on my homework for this month, I'm almost 1/4 of the way through it already! I worked in my kitchen for a few minutes, and found something for my husband and son to work on together. It wasn't easy to contain my daughter during their 'boy time', but I managed to do pretty well to do that and make dinner, and wash a few dishes.

All and all a very boring, but satisfying weekend. I hope that I will be able to share something at least kind of interesting every day or two. I guess you'll just have to decide for yourself if you like my Blue Moon paper...........tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!! Leave me one and let me know you're reading!!